Date of post: 21 Jan, 2019
11 railway stations under North-east Frontier Railway (NFR), have been identified for upgradation to airport-like standards as part of the Indian Railway’s Rs 1 lakh crore station redevelopment programme, a senior official said. Out Of the 11, the stations in Assam include Guwahati, Kamakhya, Lumding, New Tinsukia and Dibrugarh.
- NFR, CPRO (Chief Public Relations Officer) P J Sharma said, the other stations under NFR which made it to the list include:
- The railways has prepared a blueprint for 204 stations which will upgraded.
- Sharma said, the Railways is set to improve illumination levels at the selected railway stations and upgrade them up to airport-like standards, as per the directives of Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
- Under this plan, illumination Lux levels will be raised to-
- 160 in concourse area
- 115 in circulating area
- 150 in waiting hall
- 100 in open platform areas
- 200 in covered platform areas
- 150 in enquiry-cum-reservation office counter
- 150 in foot overbridge/sub-way areas, escalators, near lifts and stairs
- 50 in outdoor parking areas
- Sharma said, the provision of the Lux illumination levels in the stations and its surroundings will help to reduce energy consumption.
- Improved lighting will not only provide efficient surveillance mechanism by addressing the security concern of passengers, it will also add an element of better aesthetics and cleanliness in stations.
- Already, NFR has achieved better illumination by 100% fitment of LED lights in all its stations, the official said.
- He said, the Railway’s plans is to complete the work by 15 February this year.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )