The Union Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar, on 14 Feb 2020, reviewed the progress of Pune Metro Rail Project. The Minister announced that the 12-km long stretch of first and second phases of the Pune Metro Rail Project will be completed by March 2020.
- He did this, as Chairperson of the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DISHA), at the DISHA meeting held in Pune on 14 Feb 2020.
- He informed that the foundation stone for the Hinjewadi Line will also be laid by next month.
- The Union Minister expressed confidence that three lines of Pune Metro will be operational in the year 2022.
- The Minister informed that the work has been completed from Phugewadi to Sant Tukaram Nagar and Anand Nagar to Garware College Metro line.
- It will be operational by the end of March this year.
- The initial process for the Hinjewadi Metro line has also been completed and the land transfer process will be completed by the end of March.
All Image Credit: PIB