Chandigarh: A high-speed rail route will be developed from Delhi to Hisar, said Haryana Chief Minister Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar on Sept 13, 2019. He said that the National Capital Region Planning Board has given nod to the sub-regional plan of districts Karnal and Jind.
- The Chief Minister was interacting with media persons after attending the 38th meeting of National Capital Region Planning Board.
- The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs and Chairman, National Capital Region Planning Board, Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri in New Delhi on Sept 13, 2019.
- The DPR (Detailed Project Report) has been prepared to develop the parallel rail system along the Kundli-Manesar Palwal Expressway, he said.
- The Chief Minister said that it has been decided to constitute a committee to define the forest areas.
- A committee will also be constituted for the Aravalli and hills.
- On the question regarding farmers’ demand for increase in compensation of land acquired for national highways and expressways, the Chief Minister said that the compensation rates have been revised and sent to the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- The revised rates will be approved by the Central Government.
- Around 80% of the compensation already approved has already been disbursed.