A new Sleeper Version of Train-18 may soon replace the Rajdhani Express, according to reports. With the success of the Delhi-Varanasi Vande Bharat Express, Indian Railways is now working on a 160 kmph-capable sleeper train set that will cover long distances, it said.
- The Railways expects to complete the designing process by the end of this year and rollout a variant by the middle of 2020, Financial Express reported.
- The new sleeper variant of Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 will be manufactured at the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- An official of the Integral Coach Factory quoted as saying in the report,“The design work for a Rajdhani Express-style Train 18 is in process. We hope to complete it by year-end and get it finalised by the Railway Board.”
- “Once the design is approved for the sleeper variant of Train 18, we should be able to rollout the new offering by middle of 2020,” he added.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first Vande Bharat Express service between Delhi and Varanasi in February this year.
- Vande Bharat Express is a 16-coach AC Chair car service with Executive and non-Executive coaches.
- It said, the move to replace Rajdhani Express trains with more energy efficient train sets that will cut down travel time on the Golden Quadrilateral is a welcome step.
JSPL completes delivery of 1 lakh tonne first-ever rail order from Indian Railways
Date: April 23, 2019
Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) on Tuesday said it has completed delivery of its 1 lakh tonne first-ever rail order, which the firm had bagged from the Indian Railways. Last year in July, JSPL had received from the Indian Railways an order of 1 lakh tonne rails, to be supplied within a year.
- JSPL said in a BSE filing,”In a significant development, JSPL has completed delivery of first ever rail order to supply rails to Indian Railways.”
- The company had bagged 20% of the Rs 2,500 crore global tender by the Railways to supply long rails.
- JSPL Joint Managing Director N A Ansari said that the order, which was to be completed over a period of 1 year, has been completed ahead of the scheduled time.
- Recently, JSPL bagged an additional order of 30,000 tonne long rails from the Indian Railways, he also said.
- He said,”We are proud to contribute to government’s Make In India initiative. These achievements are testament to the capability of our team as well as our valued partnership with Railways. We continue to stay committed to developing Infrastructure needs.”
- The Railways had invited the global tender for procuring around 4.87 lakh Metric Tonnes of rails to meet the shortfall of supply from the Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL).
About Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL):
- Part of the USD 18-billion OP Jindal Group, JSPL has presence in steel, power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
- It is the only private steel company that produces long rails in India.
- The company operates a 1 Million Tonne Per Annum (MTPA) rail mill at its steel plant in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
19 Apr, 2019: CONCOR expects Rs 7,000 Crore turnover for FY 2018-19