New Delhi: Asian Development Bank (ADB) has given in-principle nod for financing four Metro Rail projects and a Rs 30,000 crore Rapid Rail corridor between Delhi and Meerut as part of its effort to improve urban transport system in India.
- ADB Director General (South Asia) Hun Kim said, simultaneous discussion are going on with other multi-lateral funding agencies for co-financing of these large urban transport projects in India including Bhopal and Indore Metro projects.
- In addition, other projects especially expansion of Chennai and Bengaluru Metro are also under consideration, he said at the Annual Meet of ADB.
- Kim said,”ADB has in-principle agreed to finance these projects with the Centre, which is the guarantor. It depends on the client. If they complete the formalities, we’re ready to go (for final approval from the board).”
- ADB has funded Jaipur Metro and expansion of Mumbai Metro in the past.
- On rapid rail project between Delhi and Meerut (in Uttar Pradesh), he said Regional Rapid Transport System (RRTS) is a huge project and ADB is looking to co-finance with other multi-lateral funding agencies including Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
- Earlier this year, the government approved construction of a worth Rs 30,274 crore RRTS project to connect the national capital with Meerut through Ghaziabad (in Uttar Pradesh).
- The 82 kilometer-stretch will be covered in less than 60 minutes.
- The RRTS is a first-of-its-kind, rail-based, high-speed regional transit system to be implemented in India.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Kim emphasised that financing logistics projects will also be a priority area for the bank.
- “We want to be a bank for logistics,” he said, pointing to the Vizag-Chennai and the Chennai-Kanyakumari industrial corridors where the ADB is involved in financing preparation of the master plan.
- The bank is planning to lend USD 500 million each for energy projects, and the Chennai Metro Phase-II, he added.
Nagpur Metro deploys DAMM TetraFlex Radio System
Date : April 30,2019
Maha Metro Rail Corporation has deployed a DAMM TetraFlex® radio solution for its flagship Nagpur Metro Rail project. The solution is provided for a total of 37 stations and two depots, as well as onboard equipment for 23 three-car trains.
Nagpur Metro is a rapid transit system for the city of Nagpur, India. It is estimated at a cost of 1.18 billion USD. Nagpur Metro Phase 1 comprises of North-South and East-West corridors totalling 37 km. The first section, covering a distance of 13.5 km from Khapri to Sitabuldi stations, is now operational, with Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, performing the inauguration on 8 March 2019.
The major benefits of the DAMM TetraFlex radio solution for the Nagpur Metro is its decentralized architecture, which ensures that there is no dependency on a central switching equipment for section-wise commissioning and operation of the radio system.
Because the DAMM TetraFlex solution is based on an open ETSI standard, Maha Metro Rail Corporation is also free to choose the devices that best suit its needs rather than being limited to particular brands and models. Through DAMM’s flexible Application Programming Interface it is easy to integrate to other telecom systems such as telephony, external radio network and central voice recording systems. Another benefit is that the solution provides integration to signalling systems.
Superior technology and strong partnerships
Consort Digital, regional partner for DAMM Cellular Systems and an established TETRA system integrator, will be responsible for the delivery, project management and execution of the project.
‘Nagpur Metro is a really exciting project for us,’ says Carsten Laursen, Regional Director at DAMM, and continues, ‘Once again we have proved the superior quality and flexibility of our solution in the rail industry. With the professional work provided by Consort Digital we have also yet again demonstrated the strength of our systems partner network, which is core to our business’, he concludes.
To know more about recent developments of Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
30 Apr, 2019: TERRATEC secures contract for Pune Metro TBMs
27 Apr, 2019: Phase-2 of Chennai Metro To Be operational By 2026