Asian Development Bank (ADB) Director-General Mr Yasuo Takamura and its India Country Director, Mr Kenichi Yokoyama visited NCRTC Corporate Office on January 23rd, 2019. NCRTC team briefed them about the ongoing progress of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- Its team also familiarized the ADB delegates about steps taken to leverage technology and promote green practices during the construction phase.
- Mr Takamura said that this unique project will not only be a gamechanger for NCR but will also give a push to India’s economy by ushering in socio-economic development.
- Mr Takamura and Mr Yokoyama also expressed their happiness over the project’s progress.
- Civil construction work on India’s first RRTS project between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut is progressing at a rapid pace.
- Asian Development Bank is funding this first of its kind project.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) – a Joint Sector company of Govt of India and States of Delhi,Haryana, Rajasthan and U.P, is implementing the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project across the NCR of India.