Afcons Infrastructure has emerged as the lowest bidder for the construction of 9 stations of Kanpur Metro rail project. Last Month, the LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) had opened the financial bid of the contract where 4 bidders were found technically qualified for the contract.
The 4 bidders are:
- Afcons Infrastructure
- NCC (India)
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
- KEC-CCECC JV
- The L&T, KEC-CCECC JV and NCC were found L-2, L-3 and L-4 respectively.
- The scope of work involves construction of elevated viaduct and 9 elevated stations including special span on Priority Section of Corridor-1, Phase-I of Kanpur Metro at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The 9 stations include — IIT Kanpur Station, Kalyanpur Railway Station, SPM Hospital Station, Kanpur University Station, Gurudev Chauraha Station, Geeta Nagar Station, Rawatpur Railway Station, Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital Station and Motijheel Station.
- The successful bidder for the project will be responsible for constructing the 9 metro stations in Kanpur and elevated viaduct structures for the same.
- In February this year, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved Kanpur Metro Rail Project having two corridors.
- The Metro Rail System will promote transit oriented development which will lead to development of more residential and commercial complexes along the corridors.
- Estimated cost of the project is Rs. 11,076.48 Crore.