Minister of State of Railways Mr. Suresh Angadi on Saturday said all railway projects in Arunachal Pradesh would be fast-tracked and no stone would be left unturned to complete them on time. The minister was in Itanagar to review various railway projects in the remote northeastern state.
- He also held a meeting with Chief Minister Shri Pema Khandu.
- On the CM’s request to increase the frequency of the Shatabdi Express, as it only runs thrice a week, Mr. Angadi said directives have already been issued to railway officials to study the feasibility, an official release said.
- The MoS said that soon the Arunachal Express would be upgraded to Rajdhani Express.
- “Arunachal Express will become Arunachal Rajdhani Express soon. As all Rajdhani Express trains are meant to connect state capitals, it won’t be feasible right now to connect Murkongselek with the Arunachal Express,” he said.
- Hailing Arunachal for its natural bounty, Mr. Angadi said Prime Minister Narendra Modi is giving special preference to the Northeast in terms of connectivity and the railway ministry is duty-bound to reach out to states like Arunachal.
- To another request, the minister assured that all old coaches of the trains coming to Itanagar are being replaced in a phased manner.
- He informed that all trains would soon have brand new and new-age coaches.