The Noida-Greater Noida metro corridor (Aqua Line) will be extended to Knowledge Park-5, according to reports. Reportedly, the NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation) is working on the extension of the 29.7 km long Aqua Line corridor from Noida Sector-71 to Knowledge Park-5.
- This project will directly benefit about 3-lakh population.
- With this extension, Greater Noida West will be directly connected to NCR.
- Currently, the Aqua Line is from Sector-51 to Greater Noida Depot.
- The phase-1 of the extension spans from Noida Sector-51 to Greater Noida Sector-2.
- The extension of the corridor will take place in two phases, in phase-1, the extension will take place from Noida Sector-51 station to Greater Noida Sector-2, according to a report.
- In phase-2, the extension will be from Greater Noida Sector-2 till Knowledge Park-5.
- For the first phase, the Uttar Pradesh government is expected to give its approval by early December.
- The state government had sought Cabinet notes from NMRC, in order to present the proposal in the Union Cabinet for final approval, sources cited in the report stated.
- NMRC has given the required notes to the state government in this regard.
- Once the Cabinet gives the approval, the construction work on the extension project will begin in the following 3 months.
- The civil work on this extension will be completed in 2 years and 6 months.