Lucknow:Devotees who travel to Ayodhya by train after a year will get a glance of the proposed Ram temple at the city’s railway station itself. The Ayodhya railway station will now be structured as a replica of the Ram temple.
- “With an investment of Rs 80 crore, the railway station will be beautified along the lines of a temple. Rail India Technical and Economic Service have been asked to work on the project, which is already under way,” Senior Divisional Commercial Manager (Northern Railway) Lucknow Jagdish Shukla said.
- The railway station will resemble a grand temple, completed with pillars and domes.
- It will reflect the culture and essence of the temple town.
- The walls of the station will be adorned with bricks replicating the ”shilas” to be used in the foundation of the temple with ”Sri Ram” inscribed on them.
- A document of Northern Railway, Lucknow Division, regarding the station makeover, says that the redevelopment of the station will be done on turnkey basis.
- Apart from replicating the temple facade, passenger amenities and services will also be upgraded.
- Two 6 metre-wide foot-over bridges will connect the 3 platforms for movement of passengers.
- The new station will be lit up with LED lights.
- It will have 24 mineral water kiosks at its three platforms, around 150 steel benches, air-conditioned waiting rooms and deluxe and modern executive lounges, along with accommodation for railway officials.
All Image Credit: Ministry of Railways