The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) will implement the ‘National Common Mobility Card‘ at all the 62 stations in the Phase-2, according to reports. The ‘One Nation One Card‘ system, in effect, can be used to make payments for all public transport.
- The card will be linked to commuters’ bank accounts.
- A senior official said, all gates at all 62 stations in Phase-2, which will be opened by 2022, will be ready to accept common mobility cards and the smart cards.
- Initially, the gates will accept both common mobility cards and smart cards, the official said.
- Meanwhile, the corporation will upgrade the existing Namma Metro gates with advanced tech as well.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in March this year launched the ambitious ‘One Nation One Card’ for transport and mobility.
- Once implemented, commuters could use a single card for payments across all segments including metro, bus, suburban, railways, parking, etc.
- To avoid unnecessary disruption, BMRCL has provided Metro users with a timeline of 2 years to switch over from the current smart cards to the common mobility cards.
Bangalore Metro Update: Metro to connect Kempegowda International Airport via KR Puram
Date : May 7, 2019
Bangalore: The BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited) is exploring new options for the airport metro line, according to reports. The BMRCL is considering to connect the airport line via KR Puram, Nagawara, Hebbal, Yelahanka and the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA), Bangalore Mirror reported.
- The stretch from KR Puram to Kempegowda International Airport will be a part of Phase -B (Blue Line), it said.
- A BMRCL official said,”We need to carry out a geo survey or a feasibility survey first to study the ground level and other factors and assess if it will be suitable for metro construction. Tenders have been called for the same.”
- The BMRCL also is considering the KR Puram-Hebbal line to avoid the extensive underground tunnelling work required and to take up airport work quickly.
- This would mean metro commuters can go all the way from Baiyappanhalli to KR Puram and then head towards the airport line.
To know more about recent developments of Bangalore Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :