Bangalore: The track-laying work was in progress for the extended metro line from Yelachenahalli to Anjanapura under Phase-2. The track-laying work will be completed by October. Several works on the Reach 4 extension will be taken up for the opening of the stretch to the public by August 2020, sources said.
- Sources said that the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) is planning to open this line by August next year.
- The 6.05-km extension from Yelachenahalli to Anjanapura Township will help thousands of travellers, who now get down at Yelachenahalli and wait for buses at crowded junctions to travel further.
- The line will have 5 stations, including Vajarahalli, Talaghattapura and Anjanapura.
- Also, the track-laying work on Mysore Road-Kengeri section (Reach 2 extension) is likely to be completed by December.
- In a release, the BMRCL said that the track-laying contract has been awarded to Texmaco Rail and Engineering Limited, at an approx value of Rs 530 crore.
- The work includes laying of tracks in Phase-2 main lines and all depots.
To know more about recent developments of Bangalore Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :