BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited), a public sector undertaking of the Government, has delivered 11th Metro Car set to Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC). D S Mishra, IAS, Secretary, Housing & Urban Affairs, Govt. of India, flagged off the Metro car set at BEML Bangalore Complex on Wednesday, in the presence of Deepak Kumar Hota, CMD BEML.
- “BEML is always at the forefront by providing world-class metro cars that helps to decongest urban roads,” speaking on the occasion Hota said.
- Earlier, Mishra had detailed discussion with BEML officials and was taken around the production facilities.
- He was accompanied by Ajay Seth, MD, Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL).
- Mishra appreciated the efforts being made by BEML in contributing to core sectors of the economy.
- BEML has bagged order to supply 14 car sets to KMRC and out of which 10 metro car sets were already delivered.
- The company has so far produced more than 1500 metro cars for Delhi, Jaipur, Bangalore & Kolkata Metro Corporations.
Rail Analysis insight: BEML has bagged order to supply 14 car sets to KMRC and out of which 10 metro car sets were already delivered.
To know more about recent developments of Kolkata Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
05 Mar, 2019: Kolkata Metro Update : Metro Rake arrives in India