As a result of strategic initiatives taken, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has registered quantum growth in its profitability and entered several new business areas in fiscal 2018-19, ending the year with significant traction in growth drivers.
The continued commitment and efforts to deliver on its purpose – to help in building a New BHEL, and a New India, have resulted in the company continuing on the path of improved performance.
Growth in Transportation Sector :
- Prudent strategies of garnering business in a shrunken and highly competitive business environment coupled with thrust on diversification, have resulted in several breakthroughs.
- During the year, the company booked the highest-ever orders in its transportation business segment and spares and services .
- Developed in-house India’s first state-of-the-art regenerative braking system for 5000 HP WAG-7 electric locomotive and delivered BHEL’s first 6,000 HP electric locomotive to Indian Railways.
- BHEL also received its maiden order for track electrification of rail route of 440 track km.
- The company made forays into the floating solar power business with the first commercial scale order of 5 MW at Sagardighi, and the Electric Vehicle (EV) market with maiden order for installation of Solar-based EV Chargers along the Delhi-Chandigarh highway.
- In addition, the company has entered other new segments like lake purification, municipal water segment, PV plants with Battery storage, etc.
Excerpts taken from BHEL Press Release