The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) Awarded contract for Independent Safety Assessment (ISA) services for signaling and train control, platform screen doors and rolling stock subsystems for Mumbai Metro Line-3 (Colaba-Bandra-Seepz) project.
The contract for the same has been awarded to M/s Bureau Veritas Italia S.p.A, being the most competitive amongst the respective tenderers.
- Commenting on the same Ms. Ashwini Bhide, Managing Director, MMRC said, “Independent Safety Assessment work is a mandatory requirement for safe and successful opening of Metro Line.”
- She said,”we aim to ensure that Independent Safety Assessment for signalling and train control, platform screen doors and rolling stock subsystems for Mumbai Metro Line 3 are done within stipulated timelines.”
- Mumbai Metro line-3 is a 33.5 KMs long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ.
- Length of the corridor is marked with 27 key stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.
- The 33.5 Km long corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ, envisages to decongest the traffic situation in Greater Mumbai.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of the project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India (GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra (GOM) on 50:50 sharing basis.