Hyderabad: DVS Raju, Chief Electrical Inspector to Government of India (CEIG) has inspected 33kV/415V indoor Auxiliary Substations installed in 3 metro stations from Jubilee Bus station (JBS)-Parade Ground to Gandhi Hospitalon the corridor-2 of Hyderabad Metro.
- This inspection is a part of the process to sanction power to these stations.
- It will facilitate the testing and commissioning activities of Railway Systems including Signalling, Telecommunications and Automatic Fare Collection, in this section.
- These Metro stations receive power at 33kV voltage through ring main fed from 132/33/25 kV Receiving Substations (RSS) located at MGBS and Uppal.
- “Commissioning of these Auxiliary Substations will boost up the progress and hasten the completion of Hyderabad Metro Rail section between JBS-Parade Ground and MGBS of Corridor-II,” Raju said.
- “This is an important development for Corridor-II (JBS-Parade Ground to MGBS-Green Line). The commissioning of auxiliary power supply is from JBS-Parade Ground to Gandhi Hospital,” KVB. Reddy, MD & CEO, L&TMRHL, said.
- Thus far two major corridors-1 and 3 have become operational and clocking average numbers of around 3 lakh commuters daily.
- The construction work on a small extension stretch beyond Hitex City is at an advanced stage.