Patna: Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs (Independent Charge) Hardeep Singh Puri on Monday assured Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi of providing Rs 5,400 crore loan for the Patna Metro Rail Project. He said the central government will provide all possible help for the Patna Metro Project.
- Earlier on the day, Sushil Modi met Puri and requested him to take up the issue of loan with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) during a scheduled meeting with officials from that country later this month, a Bihar government release said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had on February 17 laid the foundation stone for the Patna Metro Rail Project at a function held at Barauni in Begusarai district.
- In September this year, the Bihar Cabinet had approved the allotment of the metro project work to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- The DMRC will complete the work on “Deposit Work Method” at a project cost of Rs. 482.87 crore.
- The proposed metro project covers a total distance of 31.39 kilometres comprising two corridors (East-West and North-South).
- 16.94 kms fall under the East-West corridor and 14.45 kms under the North-South corridor.
- The east-west corridor will have 3 elevated and 8 underground stations, while North-South corridor will have 9 elevated and 3 underground stations.
- Work on both corridors of the project is scheduled to be completed by September 2024.