Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) in association with Flyy Rental Service has launched a fleet of Keyless, Smart and Eco-Friendly Electric Scooters for Rs. 1/- per min. The electric scooters can be picked up from Alandur Metro station by using the Flyy app available through Google Play.
- The Flyy e-scooters are dock-less, Self-driven, Key-less, Smart and Eco-friendly and passengers after the end of the ride can drop the e-scooter anywhere within the Flyy zone (Blue color area).
- Service starts from 7 am to 9 pm at Rs.1/min.
- A CMRL press release said, at present, a total of 6 electric scooters are available at Alandur metro station which will be extended to 15 scooters as the demand increases.
EV Charger stations
- Also, the CMRL has installed Electric Vehicles charging facilities at metro stations.
- Electric 2/3 wheeler’s can be charged at 4 of CMRL metro stations; Nandanam, Anna Nagar East, Koyambedu and High court.
- The facility can be utilized by downloading the “ELECTREEFI” app from google playstore for booking slots.
- CMRL has joined hands with Energy Efficiency Services Limited, a Government of India enterprise and plans to install EV chargers in 26 metro stations.