The Chennai Metro Rail Ltd. (CMRL) has floated Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Selection of Partner Bank for Digital Fare Collection using NCMC Cards as well as instant issuance of NCMC cards at service delivery points of Authority, Open Loop Account based cards & Acquiring Services at Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
- Tender No.: CMRL/S&T/AFC-01/2020
- Name of Work: Selection of Partner Bank for Digital Fare Collection using NCMC Cards as well as instant issuance of NCMC cards at service delivery points of Authority, Open Loop Account based cards & Acquiring Services at Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
- Tender Document Download Start date: 10th September, 2020
- Tender Document Download End date: 7th October, 2020
- Date of Pre- Bid Meeting: 22th September, 2020
- Due date of submission of Tender: 7th October, 2020
- Date and Time of Opening of Tender: 8th October, 2020
- Pre Bid Meeting Address: Chennai Metro Rail Limited. Admin Building, CMR Depot, Poonamallee High Road, (Adjacent to Koyambedu Metro Station) Koyambedu, Chennai–600107. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone:044-23792000, Fax: 044-23792200
Scope of work:
Introduction (National Common Mobility Card):
Chennai Metro Rail Ltd. has floated this RFP to invite proposals through this RFP from eligible bidders for the Selection of Partner Bank for Digital Fare Collection using NCMC Cards. National Common Mobility Card Program (NCMC) offers the ideal payment solution, based on Open-loop, Stored Value Dual interface EMV standards, for digitizing the transit payments. This card is based on ‘One Card for all Payments’ theme and can be used for carrying out cashless transactions at multiple participating transit operators (Metro/Cabs/Auto/Bus) in addition to making the payments at toll, parking, select retail outlets, ATM, e-commerce etc.
Thus, by using an Open loop EMV based NCMC card, the commuter will experience increased convenience by using a single card to carry out their transactions that are secured using EMV standards, through contact as well as contactless mode and across a wide range of merchants and transit operators that provide Open-loop EMV based PoS. This card achieves all the objectives laid down for a commuter-friendly and efficient fare collection system.
To-be Situation Assessment:
The adoption of Open loop EMV standard, as per National Common Mobility Card specification (NCMC), for digital fare collection offers the most secure and interoperable solution aimed at higher digital adoption across the country. NCMC provides a vendor-neutral, inter-operable and distributor agnostic model for implementing cashless transactions across Metros and SRTUs. It will accelerate the speed to market for higher digital penetration based on standard platform through Banks. Commuters shall have freedom to opt for the Bank cards as per their own choice as well as be able to get instant issuance with minimum or no KYC as prepaid card through one partner bank. Also, this approach blends seamlessly into national level payment infrastructure.
NCMC would eventually provide seamless experience to passengers across all transit systems in the country bringing convenience and ease of payment for them. With this ‘One Card Payment System’ the customer will be able to use the same card for all payment applications including retail, ATM, e-commerce, POS, transit, toll, parking etc. These payment cards can be issued on debit/credit/prepaid card platform.
The following are the processes defined for the purpose of the proposed digital fare collection system.
- Card Issuance:
The selected bidder will be responsible for instant issuance of NCMC cards. The issuance will be rolled out in initial phase and may be extended based on requirements. Besides, the NCMC Debit cards issued by any banks will be used by customers for fare payment.
- Transaction Acquiring:
The customer will use the NCMC cards for digital fare payment at Metro. The selected bidder will be responsible for the acquiring of these transactions done using NCMC cards issued by any Bank certified as per NCMC specification.
- Transaction Settlement:
The bidder should support the transactions settlements across multiple Issuer Banks through Central Clearing House (NPCI).
The key points to be noted are as follows:
- The customer will be able to use the NCMC cards, issued by any Bank, for the fare payment at CMRL.
- Partner Bank will integrate with the AFC System for seamless acceptance of payments on CMRL terminals through NCMC cards.
- Bank will be responsible for cash management, reconciliation and settlement activities.
The Tender documents can be downloaded from the CPP portal https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.