Maharashtra Chief Minister shri Devendra Fadnavis today unveiled model of rolling stock for Metro Line-3 at Mumbai. The Metro line-3 will be called Aqua line. The Train will have length of approx 180m, with 2350 passenger carrying capacity and about 300 passengers carrying capacity for each coach
- Last year, the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) has awarded procurement of Rolling Stock contract to “Consortium of ALSTOM Transport India Ltd and ALSTOM Transport S.A. France” for Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor.
- The trains will operate on 25 KV AC Traction supply.
- The stainless steel cars will have 4 doors on each side.
- To cater to heavy passenger traffic and to improve frequency of trains, the state-of-art Rolling Stock will be also equipped with Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) System having features of Driverless Train Operations.
- Alstom will supply 248 metro cars (31 train sets of 8 cars each) for Metro Line-3 .
- While the complete designing and development of the metro cars will be undertaken out of Alstom’s Bangalore (India) engineering centre, the 248 metro cars will be manufactured from its state-of-the-art rolling stock manufacturing unit at Sri City in Chennai (India).
- It is also the first time that the metro cars will have 75% motorization, as stipulated in the MoUD guidelines, enabling quick acceleration and deceleration thereby bringing about greater efficiency in operations.
- The trains will be also equipped with regenerative braking system aiding significant reduction in carbon emissions.
- In addition to the above features, it will be also the first UTO (Unattended Train Operation) project in Mumbai and second in India after Delhi Line-7 & 8.
Key features of rolling stock for Metro Line-3:
- LED lighting
- 75% of motorization for energy efficiency and better acceleration
- Smart cab temperature control
- Large LED screen for passengers for indication of door opening & closing
- Digital route map display for Passenger information
- Help Point for Passengers
- CCTV Passenger surveillance system for Passenger security