Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman Railway Board recently inspected Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) station and discussed CSMT redevelopment plan along with Central Railway (CR) and Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) officials.:
- He asked IRSDC to submit a final proposal to make CSMT station a world-class station.
- He said, we plan to operate 250 passenger trains between Mumbai-Delhi and Delhi-Kolkata.
- The Inspected Chairman Railway Board CSMT Suburban Concourse, Star Chamber, Self Ticketing Zone, the concourse area of DRM’s Annexe building, newly developed passenger corridor from platform no.14 to 18.
- He also discussed with officials the future action plan for capacity augmentation.
- The IRSDC and CR has constituted a team order to finalise the redevelopment plan of CSMT.
- The team will begin discussions December 2.
- Railways have also planned to develop CSMT railway yard.