In continuation to tender for carrying out Ridership Study (Traffic Study), the National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) has now invited online open tender for the work “Preparation of GADs of Crossing Bridges over Rivers/Canals/Railways and Roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) and GADs of proposed Stations and Maintenance Depots for DPR of Delhi-Ahmedabad HSR Corridor”.
- Tender Reference Number: NHSRCL/CO/CA/GAD/2020/22
- Tender Security: INR 1,38,000
- Completion period of the Work: 03 Months
- Tender submission start date: 16.09.2020
- Tender submission end date: 21.09.2020
- Place of pre-bid meeting: Online
- Bid Opening Date: 22.09.2020
NHSRCL is in the process of preparation of Detailed Project Report for new High Speed Rail Corridors. NHSRCL has so far completed the preliminary study of this corridor and other related activities are in progress. Present assignment is for Preparation of GADs of Crossing Bridges over Rivers/Canals//Railways/Roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) and GADs of Station Yards and Maintenance Depots for DPR of Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor.
Main Objectives of the Consultancy Services:
NHSRCL through this tender intends to appoint a contractor for:-
- Preparation of General Arrangement Drawings (GADs), on AutoCAD, of Crossing Bridges over Rivers/Canals/Railways/Roads (Expressway/NH & SH and Major District Roads etc) as per Index Plan and Index Section provided by the Employer.
- Preparation of General Arrangement Drawings (GADs) on AutoCAD GADs of Station Yards and Maintenance Depots for preparation of the DPR of Delhi-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor.
Scope of work:
- The proposed Delhi-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor is planned along major expressway, national highways, greenfield areas and may be passing through arterial roads of the intermediate city road network. Large number of bridges for crossing rivers, canals, railways and roads shall be required along the proposed alignment of the High Speed Rail Corridor.
- There are 12 stations planned in the proposed corridor including Delhi and Ahmedabad. There are 12 Maintenance Depots planned along the corridor.
- The Contractor is required to prepare GADs of the crossing bridges across rivers, canals, railways, and roads (Expressway, NH & SH and Major District Roads) for the proposed High Speed Rail Corridor. The Contractor is also required to prepare GADs (Layout Plan) of Stations and Maintenance Depots.This will involve the following activities:
- Identification and listing of Crossings Bridges, for the proposed HSR alignment including but not limited to rivers, canals, railways, and roads (Expressway, NH & SH and MDR etc (existing & proposed). The list of crossing bridges shall be got approved from the Employer.
- Interpretation of Hydrological Data e.g. H.F.L., Rainfall data, discharge etc. and data in respect of nearby existing bridges such as bridge length, span arrangement etc., provided by NHSRCL for various rivers, streams etc. crossing the proposed HSR alignment/ROW.
- Interpretation of Geotechnical Data in respect of existing/proposed/under-construction bridges, viaduct etc. in vicinity of the proposed HSR alignment provided by NHSRCL.
- Finalisation of span configuration of crossing bridges across river/canal for the proposed High Speed Corridor, based on linear waterway and hydraulic data provided by the Employer, with economical span arrangement.
- Finalisation of span configuration of crossing bridges across railways express highways/National and State Highways and Major District Roads for the proposed High Speed Corridor, with economical span arrangement.
- Preliminary design shall be carried out for assessment of foundations and substructures for the proposed span arrangement.
- Preparation of list of all crossing bridges in a tabular form and preparation of Key Plan of GAD locations on AutoCAD.
- Preparation of GADs, on AutoCAD, of Crossing Bridges over Rivers (including river training works where required), Canals, Railways, Express Highways, National & State Highways and Major District Roads, adopting ground and rail levels as per Plan and section provided by the Employer. In case of crossing bridges at major rivers, plan and cross section of protection works.
- Preparation of GADs (layout plan) of Station Yards on AutoCAD. Details regarding number of tracks and their lengths and platform details shall be provided by the Employer.
- Preparation of GADs (layout plan) of Maintenance Depots on AutoCAD. Details regarding number of tracks and their lengths and shall be provided by the Employer. Each GAD shall be printed on A3 size paper
- Detailed design of bridge components is not part of the present consultancy contract. The Contractor shall prepare the GADs based on preliminary investigations/design, his experience and in consultation with the Employer.
- For span configuration of crossing bridges, NHSRCL proposes to adopt and utilize & propose to use the existing standard set of superstructure for this project as detailed below. Any requirement of additional span of different length or nonstandard span shall be intimated to NHSRCL.
- Up to 45 m crossing length, simply supported PSC box girders of standard spans 25m, 30m, 35m, 40m & 45 m shall be adopted. Beyond this, PSC box girders in continuous configuration (three / four spans) may be adopted.
- For crossing lengh 60m and beyond steel truss girders with deck slab in Simply Supported spans of 60m, 70m, 80m, 90m and 100m may be adopted. In unavoidable cases continuous configuration may be adopted.
- The works shall be carried out following NHSRCL’s Schedule of Dimension(SOD) for High Speed Rail and various clearances shall be as per codal provisions of the respective authorities.
- While preparing the GADs:
- Each GAD of crossing bridges must include key plan, half top and half bottom plan, and sectional elevtion of the crossing bridge incorporating relevant details such as ground level & rail level as per Index Plan and Section provided by the employer, span length, pier and pier cap dimensions, centre to centre distance between two tracks (4.50m), and top width of the viaduct (11.90m – Straight section and 12.4m – Curved Section ). Station and Depot GADs must include general layout of the station/depot including tracks, platforms etc.
- Each GAD must also include title block, general notes, drawing nos. and space for NHSRCL drawing approval number.
- Contractor shall follow best industrial practices.
- Contractor shall comply/incorporate all the comments offered by the Employer on the Draft GADs before submission of the final GADs.
Tender document can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MRIDC