The National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited (NCRTC) has invited online bids for the construction and completion of following work contract package, subject to compliance with ADB policies and requirements: –
Package 12B: Design, Fabrication, Supply and Erection of Pre-Engineered Steel Roof Structure of 12 (Twelve) Elevated stations viz Murad Nagar, Modi Nagar South, Modi Nagar North, Meerut South, MES Colony, Daurli, Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmpuri, Meerut North and Modipuram Stations of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
In Two Lots:
- DM/CN/COR-OF/119 Lot-P12B L1:- Fabrication, Supply and Erection of Pre–Engineered Steel Roof Structure of 6 (Six) Elevated stations viz Murad Nagar, Modi Nagar South, Modi Nagar North, Meerut South, MES Colony and Daurli Stations of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- DM/CN/COR-OF/120 Lot-P12B L2:- Fabrication, Supply and Erection of Pre-Engineered Steel Roof Structure for 6 (Six) Elevated stations viz Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmpuri, Meerut North and Modipuram of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- Tender Reference Number: DM/CN/COR-OF/119
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 25-Aug-2020
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 06-Oct-2020
- Bid Submission Start Date: 29-Sep-2020
- Bid Submission End Date: 06-Oct-2020
- Period Of Work: 1358 Days
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 08-Sep-2020
- Bid Opening Date: 06-Oct-2020
Scope of work:
- The scope of work in this contract includes but not limited to design, fabrication, supply & erection of prefabricated steel roof structures including roof sheathing etc. for all elevated stations of Package- 12B of Delhi- Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor as per the bid drawings.
- The relevant para of design basis report and technical specifications shall be referred for design criteria and material specifications.
- The architectural outline of PEB structure provided in bid drawings shall be considered as sacrosanct and no change in portal spacing shall be permitted, however, the dimensions of structural members and connections thereof shall be worked out as per detailed design by contractor.
- The structural members of prefabricated steel roof structure shall be strictly followed as provided in relevant items of Bill of quantities (BoQ) and shall be read in conjunction with BoQ, bid drawings, DBR and technical specifications.
- Detailed design shall be carried out with concept provided in bid drawings and the methodology for carrying out value engineering is provided in particular conditions of contract.
The scope of work, inter-alia, includes the following but not limited to:
- Design, Fabrication, Supply & Erection of Prefabricated Steel Roof Structures for 12 Elevated Stations, including portals, purlins, sheeting’s, gutters, down take pipes etc. This includes roof for platforms as well as roofing of staircases from ground to concourse. All the fabrication works involve welding of structural steel plates. Only Automatic submerged arc welding is permitted. It is also planned that all the site connections of fabricated members will be done by using HSFG bolts. Hence Contractor has to make the holes for the site bolted connection while fabricating the members. All the HSFG bolts and its compatible nuts and washers will be also supplied by the contractor. All the plates used for fabrication have to be sand blasted and coated with primer and internal and external painting coats as specified in Technical Specifications. The fabricated members are required to be loaded and transported to individual station sites for assembly and erection by the Contractor.
- Contractor will arrange the design of the steel roof with all its connections and related components. Design criteria and material specifications for structural steel members shall be as per Outline Design Specifications
- Contractor are required to submit the following details:
- General arrangement drawing of all buildings showing all structural elements including bracings, sag rods, holding down bolts etc.
- Sizes of all members including purlins, portals, gutters, down take pipes etc.
- List of codes of standards in addition to those mentioned in specifications.
- Basic design calculations establishing sizes of structural members.
- Fabrication & supply of steel roof of elevated stations as per Technical Specifications will include the following but not limited:
- Preparation of complete detailed fabrication drawings based on the design drawings, required for all the permanent structures.
- Procurement of all raw steel materials for fabrication, taking into account wastage margin, including storage and upkeep of the materials.
- Providing all materials, labour, tools and plant and all consumable required for fabrication and supply of all necessary bolts, nuts, washers with necessary wastage margins.
- Fabrication of the steel works in accordance with the approved fabrication drawings, including all shop assembling, matching and marking. Design, manufacture / fabrication and; provision of all jigs, fixings, manipulators etc. required for the fabrication.
- Provision of shop painting to all fabricated steelwork, as per requirements of the related specification of the painting.
- Suitability marking, bundling and packing for transport of all fabricated materials.
- Preparing and furnishing a detailed bill of materials, drawing Office dispatch lists, Bolts. Lists and any other lists of bought out items required in connection with the fabrication of the structural steelwork.
- Loading and transporting all fabricated steel work and field connection materials to the site of respective elevated stations for receiving, unloading, proper stacking and further handling etc. The contractor shall be completely responsible for proper and safekeeping of fabricated structure till the same is erected at respective station site.
- Provision of roof sheeting, gutters complete with down take pipes etc. including purlins runners etc. Provision for fixing E&M, OHE and Signalling/ Telecommunications equipment in the station steel roof structure is also included in scope of work with due interface with respective System Contractors.
- The contractor shall be responsible for erection and securing in position of complete prefabricated steel roof structure including but not limited to columns, rafters, purlins, bracings, raceway, hangers, sheeting, gutters, rainwater pipes etc, at elevated stations in all respect. The contractor shall carry out erection of prefabricated members via means of Tower crane or work out mechanized solutions for erection, as the case may be. Manual erection of prefabricated members via deployment of pole derrick shall be avoided which may be allowed in exceptional circumstances and exigency of work, when no other solution is practical. The contractor shall ensure the presence of the qualified and experienced Engineer during complete erection work at site to solve problem related to fabrication and for smooth completion of work at site
- The contractor shall also be responsible to carry out additional structural connections for signages, or required by the system contractors using standard plate sections welded & built-up sections, tubes, square, rectangular pipe section, rolled sections such as angle, channels etc and this shall be paid additional as per BOQ item. The rate shall include providing, fabricating to required profile and shape, transporting, erecting and fixing in position Structural steel (conforming to IS:2062 Grade B or equivalent) including procurement of all raw steel materials, bolts, nuts & washer incl. its testing, allowance for all types of wastages, straightening, cutting, bending of section wherever specified, drilling holes, bolting, provision of necessary tools, testing etc. The rate shall also include required surface preparation for application of all coats of shop and site primers and paints as specified, including preparation of complete detailed fabrication drawings based on the design drawings, required for all permanent and temporary structures and their approval from Engineer-in-charge prior to execution. It also includes provision and installation of base plate, anchor bolts (measured in tonnes) etc as per drawings and specifications.
- Any other item of work may be required to be carried out for completing the fabrication or erection of steel roof for elevated station including all necessary interfaces works with NCRTC & its authorized station contractor and system-wide contractors in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the Contract. The value of the work shall be on item rates accepted in letter of acceptance subject to such additions thereto or deductions from as may be made under the provisions of the contract. The rates are inclusive of all cost but not limited to the cost such as for Plants, Equipments, tools, all types of labour, supervision, all materials from the source of supplies as approved by Engineer/Employer including all lead and lifts, transport, all temporary works, erection, maintenance, contractors’ profits & establishment/overheads together with preparation of designs, structural & architectural drawings etc, all general risks, taxes, royalties, duties, cess, octroi and other levies, insurance liabilities and all other obligations set out or implied in the contract for completion of work except otherwise specified in Bill of Quantities.
Bid for Package 12B has been invited in two lots in the e-procurement portal of National Informatics Centre (NIC) simultaneously. Bidders may participate in any one or both the LOTs as mentioned above in accordance with their eligibility and qualification. There is no bar in awarding more than one LOT to a bidder.
The complete bidding document in English, can be viewed/downloaded from official website of NCRTC www.ncrtc.in or e-procurement portal of NIC https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app from 25 August 2020 to 06 October 2020 up to 15:00 Hrs IST).