National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has geared up construction activities on India’s first Regional Rail between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut. M/s Larsen & Toubro (L&T) on 08.07.2020 kickstarted the foundation work in Modinagar and Shatabdi Nagar in Meerut under package-3 works. With this main construction work other than the priority section of Sahibabad to Duhai has started.
- Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, MD, NCRTC on 08.07.2020 inspected the ongoing works in the entire section along with this newly started construction work.
- Shri Singh also over viewed various preparations done for Monsoon.
- He advised NCRTC engineers and the agency to ensure workers safety and convenience of local residents during construction while taking care of all essential precautions for COVID-19 as specified in the NCRTC issued Standard Operating Procedure.
- He has also visited the newly started NCRTC’s site office at Modinagar.
- This particular site office was constructed in a record time of less than four months during COVID-19 pandemic.
- All the construction, electrical, signaling, and telecommunication work of the 33 km long stretch between Duhai to Shatabdi Nagar will be taken care of by this office.
- The construction on the corridor is in full swing, the casting of segments for superstructure is in progress at Vasundhara Casting yard.
- The launching gantry 2.1 on package-2 is ready to launch the first span of viaduct between Guldhar and Duhai, while the launching gantry 1.1 of package 1 is near completion to facilitate the erection of the first span near Sahibabad station.
- Construction of all the four stations of the priority section-Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, and Duhai is in progress.
- Electrical utility shifting work is in progress in Vaishali green belt, between EXP 1C to P1 (Total 32 span).
- A total of 23 EHT lines infringing the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor have already been shifted/modified so far. Road widening and utility diversion work are underway between Duhai to Modipuram.
- The pile load test between Duhai to Muradnagar has been completed.
Source: NCRTC-Press Release