New Delhi: The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) will introduce free Wi-Fi facility in its metro trains for commuters. The Wi-Fi facility will be first introduced in the Delhi Metro‘s Airport Express Line. The DMRC is likely to introduce free Wi-Fi inside the trains by the end of 2019.
- The Airport Express Line runs from New Delhi Metro Station to Dwarka Sector 21, linking Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport.
- There will be no limit to downloading or surfing with the Wi-Fi facility, as per the DMRC.
- The speed will be given up to 300 Mbps in every train.
- The download speed will be fixed according to the network load.
- Already, the Blue line and Airport Express Line stations of the Delhi Metro have the free Wi-Fi connections.
- In 2016, free Wi-Fi connections were started in the Delhi metro stations.
- The first such connection was introduced in the Airport Express Line.
- Presently, the Delhi Metro network consists of about 373 Km with 271 stations.
- The network has now crossed the boundaries of Delhi to reach NOIDA and Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh in Haryana.
- The DMRC today has over 300 train sets of four, six and eight coaches.