In an effort to offer efficient last-mile connectivity to commuters, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has authorised e-scooters renting services at 4 of its stations — Vishwavidyalaya, Mandi House, Dwarka Sector 9 and Nehru Enclave.
- The DMRC tweeted on Wednesday,”To offer efficient last-mile connectivity to commuters, DMRC has authorised e-scooters renting services at 4 stations, namely Vishwavidyalaya, Mandi House, Dwarka Sector 9 and Nehru Enclave.”
- It may be noted that Vishwavidyalaya is situated on the Yellow Line, while Dwarka Sector 9 and Nehru Enclave are located on Blue and Magenta Lines respectively.
- On the other hand, Mandi House is an interchange station for the Blue and Violet Lines.
- The DMRC has been taking various steps to strengthen last-mile connectivity.
- The Delhi Metro has a provision for commuters to use bicycles for covering small distances at nominal charges at some of its metro stations, along with having a fleet of last-mile connectivity buses.
- Currently, the Delhi Metro spans nearly 350 km, having over 250 metro stations and 9 colour-coded lines.
Image Credit: Delhi Metro