The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) has invited tenders for the construction of elevated section of the Aerocity-Tughlakabad corridor of phase-4 project. The Aerocity-Tughlakabad corridor will have a length of 20 km, including 12 underground and 4 elevated Metro stations.
- The project is scheduled to be completed in 5 years from the date of start of work.
- There will be 16 stations on the Tughlakabad to Aerocity corridor.
- Of the total 16, 4 elevated Metro stations proposed on this corridor, namely Sangam Vihar, Khanpur, Ambedkar Nagar, and Saket G.
- The Saket-G station will be constructed as an interchange station between Aerocity-Tughlakabad corridor and Lajpat Nagar-Saket G corridor.
- On the Aerocity-Tughlakabad corridor, a 6-lane flyover along with the Metro corridor is being planned on the MB Road.
- On this section, the Metro viaduct will be on the upper deck at an elevation of 18 meter, while the road flyover will be on the lower deck at a height of 9.3 metre.
- The total length of the proposed integrated structure will be arround 2.4 km, providing a 3-layer transport facility to the public on this section.
- The flyover will start just after the proposed Sangam Vihar Metro station and will end after Ambedkar Nagar Metro station.
- It will also provide connectivity from MB Road to BRT corridor.
- A approx 430 metre 6-lane underpass will also be constructed in Saket-G at the Mandir Marg crossing.
- This complete facility will provide uninterrupted movement from Sangam Vihar to Saket-G for traffic going towards Mahrauli from Badarpur and vice versa.
- This type of construction will come up for the first time in Delhi.