New Delhi: Mr. Michael Barrow, Director-General for Asian Development Bank (ADB) visited National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) Corporate Office on Thursday. NCRTC team explained the RRTS project to Mr. Barrow in detail. He was also shown the alignment model of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- Mr Barrow expressed his happiness over the progress of the project and commended the NCRTC team for the work being done for timely execution the project.
- NCRTC has started civil construction work on the Package-I (From Vaishali to Ghaziabad via Sahibabad) of the priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- The 17-km long priority section is from Sahibabad to Duhai, which is scheduled for commissioning in March, 2023.
- Commuters will be able to travel on the country’s first rail rapid transit corridor in over 3 years from now as its 17-km-long Duhai-Sahibabad section in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad is expected to be operational by early 2023.
- The entire Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, spanning 82 km, will be operational by 2025.
- The RRTS is a first-of-its-kind, rail-based, high-speed regional transit system to be implemented in India.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- The project involves integration with other urban transport systems in an efficient and effective manner which is possible only by adopting innovative methods of designing, technology and institutional management.
- The National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is the executing agency of the Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) project.
All image credit: NCRTC