The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has submitted Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) for two Metrolite corridors, according to the reports. The two Metrolite corridors are — Rithala to Narela and Kirti Nagar to Dwarka Sector 25.
- Of the two corridors, construction work on the Rithala to Narela corridor is expected to start first.
- Work on the two Metrolite corridors will be completed by 2023-24.
- Both the corridors have already been approved by the Central government.
- The cost of the Rithala-Narela Metrolite corridor will be Rs 2,914 crore and the Kirti Nagar-Dwarka Sector 25 corridor is estimated to cost Rs 2,673 crore.
- The maximum operational speed of the Metrolite is 60 kmph.
- The train is to accommodate around 300 passengers.
- The ‘Metrolite’ can be developed at a lower cost in comparison with the existing metro system.
- It will also act as a feeder system to high capacity Metro.