An ECoR (East Coast Railways) official said, the Railways is targetting to complete the electrification of the 56-km long Lanjigarh Road-Junagarh and 90-km long Naupada-Gunupur lines in Odisha by the end of 2019.
- He said, the work in the Lanjigarh Road-Junagarh branch line of the Vizianagaram-Titilagarh-Raipur route and Naupada-Gunupur branch line of Howrah-Chennai route is being done on a war footing.
- The official said, the electrification of the Lanjigarh Road-Junagarh line will cost Rs 62 crore, while the Naupada-Gunupur line will cost Rs 105 crore.
- He said, electrification in the main line sections of the Sambalpur division — Jharsuguda-Sambalpur, Sambalpur-Angul, Sambalpur-Titilagarh, Titilagarh-Singapur Road and Titilagarh-Raipur has been completed.
- The official said, the work at Belsonda-Komakhan-Khariar Road in titilagarh-Raipur railway section will be completed by the end of November.
- Electrification of the under-construction 289 km Khurda Road-Balangir railway line project has been started and Rs 265 crore has been earmarked for it, he said.