Noida: The new metro rail track connecting Noida and Greater Noida will be 15-km long with 9 stations, according to officials. Industrial Development Minister Satish Mahana said, the Uttar Pradesh government on December 3 approved the construction of the extension of the Aqua Line at a cost of Rs 2,682 crore.
- The project is expected to be completed in the next 3 years, he said.
- The new track would be completed in two phases and the entire project would connect Sector 71 in Noida and Knowledge Park V in Greater Noida, as per the detailed project report (DPR).
- The DPR said, the first phase would be between Sector 71 and Greater Noida Sector 2.
- In the first phase there will be 5 stations:
- Noida Sector 122
- Sector 123
- Greater Noida Sector 4
- Eco Tech
- Greater Noida 2
- The second phase would be between Greater Noida Sector 2 and Knowledge Park V stations.
- There will be 4 stations in the second phase:
- Greater Noida Sector 3
- Sector 10
- Sector 12
- Knowledge Park V
- In January this year, the NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation) commenced operations of the Aqua Line (Noida–Greater Noida Metro Corridor).
- The line has 21 stations and runs from the Sector 51 station in Noida to the Depot station in Greater Noida, covering a distance of 29.7 km via 21 stations.