The first segment for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS viaduct has been casted at NCRTC’s casting yard at Vasundhara, Ghaziabad. Piling and pier construction on the site have already been underway and are visible on the 17-km long priority section between Vaishali ramp and Duhai EPE.
- The fabrication of launching girder is near completion and is likely to be erected shortly.
- The spans shall be erected by placing these casted segments on the pillars using launching girders.
- The transportation of the segments to the launching locations shall be done in a manner causing minimum inconvenience to the public.
- The civil construction of the first RRTS Corridor from Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut is in full swing and piling and pier works are being done on the 17-km priority section between Sahibabad and Duhai.
- The National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is the implementing agency of the RRTS project.
- With a design speed of 180 kmph and operational speed of 160 kmph, the RRTS trains will be unique and one of its kind in India.
- The aerodynamic coaches will be self-propelled on electric traction with 25KV AC System.
- The RRTS trains are being designed with the state-of-the-art latest technology.
- The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor will be immensely beneficial in curbing pollution in the region.
- The high-speed rail will promise to cover the distance between Meerut and Delhi in less than 60 minutes.