Nagpur Metro: A high power German delegation visited Nagpur Metro project to take stock of the progress. The Delegation was led by German Ambassador to India Mr. Walter J. Lindner.
- During the Visit, the delegation visited khapri, new airport and Sitabuldi Metro stations.
- The other members of the delegation were Ms. Miriam Strabells- Adviser Political Dept. (German Embassy) and Swati Khanna- Special representative of KFW.
- The delegation was full of appreciation for the way the project was executed.
- “The solar and the green initiatives, 5 & 6 D BIM concepts of the projects are exceptional”, said the German ambassador.
- He tweeted,”Metro Nagpur: 70% completed, finished end 2020, less traffic & CO2, Maha Metro & MD Brijesh Dixit great partner & implementer, 500 mio € GER loan, 42 km line w 42 stations & 70 coaches, electric bus services, bicycle infrastructure: that’s how future smart cities look like!.”
- He also appreciated the Green Metro concept and especially the generation of solar energy is quite an innovative idea.
- At Khapri Metro station, German Ambassador also used the bi-cycle.
- He said in another tweet, “Think this is Amsterdam, Greenwich Village or Berlin-Kreuzberg? Nope. This is a young start-up in India’s Nagpur: Bounce Cycles by Ashish; bounce bike, enjoy ride, scan & park. Easy! Great for Nagpur metro users, great for CO2, great for health, great for green mobility.”
All Image Credit : Walter J. Lindner