Golden rock workshop is a pioneer workshop involved in the manufacture of wagons for Indian Railways. On 8th August 2020, rolled out India’s first generation of 45 Double Decker Container carrying wagons (BLCS). Owing to superior quality & workmanship in the wagon construction field, this workshop has bagged orders from Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR), New Delhi for manufacturing 1140 BLCS wagons.
- These wagons are fitted with 25 ton axles to carry containers in double stacked arrangement and can also run at 100 kmph speed.
- Also these wagons are fitted with radio frequency identification tags (RFID) for tracking which will ensure effective and transparent functioning of freight traffic operation.
- Provision of twin pipe air brake system with seamless stainless steel pipes in these wagons results in improved application and release of brakes which enables the loco pilot to have a good control over the train operations.
- These wagons are also equipped with superior characteristics such as automatic twist locks and low beds through reduced wheel diameter that allows comfortable loading of the containers.
- Unlike BLC or BLL wagons, all the freight cars in a BLCS rake are interconnected through Centre Buffer Couplers.
On Saturday 08.08.2020, during a brief function at Central Workshops, Golden rock these 45 BLCS wagons manufactured by Goldenrock Workshop were introduced to freight traffic for the first time in the country by Shri. Shyamadhar Ram, Chief Workshop Manager in the presence of Shri. A. Clement Barnabas, Dy. Chief Mechanical Engineer/ Carriage & Wagon, Shri. Ashlin Augusty, Works Manager, Wagon Production, Shri. S. Arumugam, Assistant Works Manager, Wagon Production, other Officers, supervisors and staff of this workshop.
Source: Southern Railway-Press Release