The government has allotted 451 acres land to various firms for setting up manufacturing units in four states with an investment commitment of Rs 9,483 crore by companies under Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) project, an official said.
- The land has been allotted for manufacturing units in Dholera in Gujarat, Shendra-Bidkin in Maharashtra, Vikram Udyogpuri in Madhya Pradesh and IIGNL in Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh).
- These regions are part of the 8 industrial zones planned for phase-I of the DMIC project.
- South Korean conglomerate Hyosung Corporation, China-based Haier and Amul have been allotted land to set up units under phase-I of the project.
- The government official said,”The process of land allotment has been initiated and plots have been allotted. A total of 64 plots have been allotted till date measuring 451.01 acres and an investment of Rs 9,483 crore has been committed by the industry players.”
- The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) is a mega-infrastructure project covering an overall length of 1,483 km between Delhi and Mumbai.
- It aims at developing world class industrial cities along the Delhi-Mumbai Rail Freight Corridor, which can compete with best manufacturing and investment destinations in the world.
- The official added,”As part of phase I of the project, trunk infrastructure development works are in full swing.”
- DMIC Development Corporation, a special purpose vehicle, was set up by the government for project development, coordination and implementation.
- DMIC project is being implemented jointly by the Centre and respective state governments.
- Investment regions have been identified for development across 6 states — Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh — and the national capital.
IRCON wins Railway work worth USD 91.27 Million in Sri Lanka
Date : May 3, 2019
IRCON International Ltd. (IRCON) has been awarded an International Railway Contract worth Approx USD 91.27 Million (equivalent to INR 635 crore) from Sri Lanka Railways under the Ministry of Transport & Civil Aviation, Govt. of Sri Lanka. The contract is for upgradation of the Northern Railway line from Maho-Omanthai in Sri Lanka. Under the contract, IRCON will upgrade single line broad gauge track from Maho-Omantha of around 128 km length including associated infrastructure works.
This is an item rate contract which is financed through Exim Bank of India as per Indian lines of credit. The project is to rebuild the rail track to make it capable of carrying trains at speeds of 120 kmph and with heavier loads and to ensure efficient, safe, and comfortable transport service for passengers and freight. Previously, IRCON has successfully executed five high-value Railway Projects in Northern Sri Lanka with a cumulative contract value of over USD 645 Million.
About IRCON: Ircon International Limited (formerly known as Indian Railway Construction Company Limited), a Mini Ratna and Schedule ‘A’ PSU, was incorporated on 28th April 1976, mainly for the purpose of construction and development of Railway Infrastructure in India and abroad with the expertise from Indian Railways. During its operation of 43 years the company has diversified and developed core competence in other areas like Highways, Tunnels, Bridges, Flyovers, ROBs, Airport Hangar & Runways, Metro rail and Buildings, EHV Transmission Line & Grid Sub-stations, Industrial Electrification, Signaling and Telecom Systems etc. Considering its major share of business from projects abroad, its name was changed to “Ircon International Limited” w.e.f. 17th October 1995.
IRCON has emerged as front ranking construction company of international repute having executed prestigious projects during the last four decades of its operations. It has so far completed more than 380 infrastructure projects in India and 127 projects across the globe in more than 24 countries. As per 2018 edition of Engineering News Record (ENR) of USA, IRCON is the only Indian PSU and one of the only six Indian companies to make it to the list of top 250 International Contractors.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :