The Anand Vihar and Hazrat Nizamuddin railway stations have become ‘Green‘ stations, as per a report. These stations will soon have various facilities including air-conditioned lounge, steel benches, deluxe toilets, clean drinking water etc. Green plants and shrubs have been planted outside the station, it added.
- Reportedly, the arrival and departure areas have been cleaned for the convenient occupancy of passengers.
- While the IGBC (Indian Green Building Council ) has identified Anand Vihar and Hazrat Nizamuddin stations as ‘green’ railway stations, the council is yet to give the ‘green’ certificate.
- Already, these stations are equipped with facilities like Wi-Fi, LED lights, solar panels for power generation, among others. Anand Vihar and Hazrat Nizamuddin are soon to receive the certificate.
- In the budget 2019-20, it was announced that both the stations would be developed into ‘world-class’ stations.
- The vacant areas of these stations will also be developed, according to the reports.
- The Northern Railway Zone has given this task of development to the Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC).
- The report added, the Anand Vihar railway station operates an average of around 104 trains per day with a footfall of around 1 lakh passengers.
- The IGBC offers a wide array of services which include developing new green building rating programmes, certification services, green building training programmes, among others.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
11 Apr, 2019: NFR Adopts New Technology to Enhance Safety of Bridges
11 Apr, 2019: India’s steel demand to grow by over 7% in 2019 and 2020