The Hyderabad Metro rail has completed two successful years of operations on November 29th. On the occasion of Hyderabad Metro completing two successful years, Mr. K.T. Rama Rao, Minister for MA&UD, IT, I&C and Minister for Transport, Mr. P. Ajay Kumar along with Mr. NVS Reddy, Managing Director, Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited have inaugurated the 1.5 km long stretch of Corridor-3 (Blue Line) from Hitech City to Raidurg on November 29th.
- The opening of the new stretch would provide a major relief to a large number of employees working in IT/ITES and other establishments.
- Currently on an average 4 lakh commuters use metro rail every day and with the launch of new section on November 29th, 40,000 more commuters are expected to be added.
- The elevated metro rail project here is the country’s second largest metro rail network with 56 km in operation, next only to Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30-km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72-km-long elevated Hyderabad metro rail project in November 2017.
- In September 2018, another 16-km stretch between Ameerpet and L B Nagar was commissioned.
- On March 20 this year, a 10-km stretch between Ameerpet and Hi-Tec City was inaugurated, covering 56 km out of the 72-km project.
- The Hyderabad Metro rail has carried 12.5 crore passengers in the last 2 years.