Hyderabad: After the commencement of services to Hitec City, the overall patronage of Hyderabad Metro Rail has increased from previous 1.80 lakh per day to 2.20 lakh plus. The services on Ameerpet-Hitec City route were launched on March 20 and on Monday, the overall patronage of the services logged at 2.21 lakh.
- HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd) officials expect to increase further once the first and last mile connectivity was established.
- On Tuesday, HMRL held a meeting with the representatives of IT and ITES companies to discuss different aspect pertaining to first and last mile connectivity at Metro stations.
- HMRL MD NVS Reddy suggested them to convert their current long distance feeder buses being operated beyond LB Nagar, Uppal, Miyapur etc. into short shuttle services between Metro stations such as Hitec City and Durgam Cheruvu to the IT campuses covering about 4 or 5 km radius.
- Services between stations such as LB Nagar, Dilsukhnagar, Nagole, Uppal and Miyapur could be operated to the nearby colonies, he also said.
- Necessary permissions and parking places for the feeder services will be provided for the companies, Reddy assured.
- Citing availability of parking space at Durgam Cheruvu, Hitec City (cellar of Hitec Mall) and Madhapur stations, Metro officials wanted the companies to earmark some parking space on their respective campuses for feeder services parking.
Rail Analysis insights: On Monday, the overall patronage of the services logged at 2.21 lakh. HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd) officials expect to increase further once the first and last mile connectivity was established.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
27 Mar, 2019: Hyderabad Metro Rail holds meeting with IT companies