Share with your network
- The 85-km-long second phase project to the airport was in the approval stage, addressing at the 7th FM Summit held in Gachibowli Financial District, Anil Kumar Saini, Chief Operating Officer, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd said.
- It could take another 3 years to be completed, Saini said.
Hyderabad Metro Construction
- L&T Metro was collaborating with Telangana Facility Management Council for the last-mile connectivity, Saini stated.
- L&T runs 710 trips through 42 trains, which travel 17,600 km route every day.
- The metro rail is ferrying nearly 2.5 to 2.75 lakh passengers a day.
- The Metro Rail also made available cars and bikes on rent, corporate and private shuttle services, RTC integration, auto stands, feeder shuttle services and so on.
- Nearly 40 shuttle services are being operated to help 5,000 people commute to and fro from Hitech City and Durgam Cheruvu stations.
Launching of Microsoft Shuttle Services at Hi-tech City Metro Station on 02-05-2019
World’s Largest PPP Project-
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Project is the World’s Largest Public-Private Partnership Project (PPP) in the Metro Sector.
- The Metro Rail Project, once completed will transform Hyderabad as the preferred city in India; with integrated urban transport planning using inter modal connectivity and convenient skywalks, which will mark the beginning of an era of seamless commuting in India.
- Larsen and Toubro Limited was awarded the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project by the then Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- L&T incorporated a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) – L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (“The Company”) to implement the Project on Design, Built, Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail Network will cover a total distance of around 72 Km across three corridors.
Hyderabad Metro Map
- The three corridors are:
- Corridor-I : Miyapur to LB Nagar
- Corridor-II : JBS to Falaknuma
- Corridor-III : Nagole to Shilparamam