Hyderabad: With 2.8 lakh paid passengers and a total of 2.95 lakh footfall on June 7, a new record has been set in terms of patronage for Hyderabad Metro Rail. Patronage has been steadily increasing with an average increase of around 5,000 per week.
- An officials said, this was mainly due to the gradual introduction of shuttle services and adding more services from different Metro stations.
- The L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Limited (LTMRHL) is operating feeder services from Hitec City, Durgam Cheruvu station and a few others.
- The average patronage during weekdays was 2.65 lakh commuters and during weekends, around 2.10 lakh as of now.
- Travel with smart card was almost equal to those travelling with tickets.
- NVS Reddy, Managing Director, Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd (HMRL) said,”Nearly 1.39 lakh passengers are travelling through smart card, which is again an indication of increase in regular customers.”
More passenger traffic at stations-
- Among all the metro stations, Ameerpet interchange station continues to see more passenger traffic with 19,000 passengers daily.
- It is followed by Hitec City station, which has been consistently registering 18,000 passenger traffic per day.
- LB Nagar station with 16,000 was followed by Miyapur (14,000) and Kukatpally Housing Board (13,000).
- Apart from passenger traffic, these stations were witnessing a footfall of 30,000 to 40,000 every day.
- Incidentally, Ameerpet station has been attracting a whopping footfall of over 1 lakh daily.
Hyderabad Metro will be extended till Raidurg by July
Date : May 22, 2019
Hyderabad: The Metro Rail services to Raidurg will be extended by the July this year. The Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd. (HMRL) is intensifying its efforts to complete the construction works to offer seamless connectivity till Raidurg.
- Currently, the metro rail services are being operated till Hitec City.
- A senior official that the 1.5 km extension till Raidurg from Hitec City is expected to be completed by July-end.
- Governor ESL Narasimhan had flagged off Metro train operations on the 10-km Ameerpet-Hitech City route on March 20.
- The trains are currently being run in twin single line method between Hitec City and the Jubilee Hills Check post and trains are brought to their respective “up” & “down” line directions by making use of the crossover line at Jubilee Hills Checkpost.
- This temporary arrangement will continue till the reversal facility in front of Cyber Towers and Trident Hotel is completed.
- Normal train working is restored mostly by this month-end, he said.
- There are 8 stations on the Ameerpet-Hitec City route.
- There is massive demand to extend the Metro services till Raidurg for the convenience of several corporate and IT employees.
- Further, with the success of operating shuttle services from a few stations to different areas in IT corridor, measures are being taken to introduce similar services on the LB Nagar route connecting colonies to the stations.
- Every day, nearly 2.5 lakh passengers are travelling in the Metro services on different routes.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
03 May, 2019: Hyderabad Metro launches dedicated Shuttle bus services
20 Apr, 2019: Hyderabad Metro achieves 2.30 lakh daily passengers mark