Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is planning to extend the Metro services till Raidurg by August this year. Currently, the metro rail services are being operated till Hitech City. Nearly 14,000 passengers are travelling on the route during peak hours from 9 am to 11 am.
- As an immediate relief, for the convenience of passengers, one more additional train has been introduced on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route from Thursday.
- Currently, trains are being operated with a frequency of 7.5 minute.
- Further, with the passenger rush increasing steadily, HMRL intends to launch the Metro services till Raidurg by August.
- The additional train will be continued till the reversal facility at Hitec City is completed.
- At present, the services on the route are being operated under ‘twin single line method’ as construction of reverse facility beyond Hitech City station in front of Cyber Towers and Hotel Trident is likely to be completed shortly.
- The passenger traffic is increasing steadily on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route.
- Around 2.75 lakh passengers are travelling during weekdays on all the routes currently.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had in November 2017 inaugurated the 30-km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72-km-long elevated Metro rail project.
- On March 20 this year, the 10-km stretch between Ameerpet and Hitech City was inaugurated, covering 56 km out of the 72-km project.
- After the launch of services on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route, 56 kms of stretch are operational, making Hyderabad Metro the 2nd largest Metro in the country after Delhi Metro.