Hyderabad: The HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited) on Friday got clearance from the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety) to run the metro on the 10-kilometer stretch between Ameerpet and Hitech city.
- The HMRL authorities had already started the trial runs in November 2018 and clearance was only given after detailed inspection and tests by the CMRS.
- The inaugural date is yet to be announced to commence passenger operations.
- The metro will run through 8 stations:
- Madhura Nagar
- Jubilee Hills Check-post
- Peddamma temple
- Durgam Cheruvu
- Hitech City
- The services will run on independent single lines from Ameerpet to the Jubilee Hills Check Post station and then switch lines towards Hitech City station, and vice-versa, using a mix of conventional railway signaling and CBTC (Communication Based Train Control), an official said.
- As of now, as many as 1.75 lakh passengers have been traveling on a daily basis on the corridors from Miyapur to LB Nagar and Nagole to Ameerpet, the official said.
- Once services on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route commence, the footsteps would increase by 30,000 initially and eventually, 50,000.
- The inaugural date will be announced soon after their discussion with the state government, HMRL Managing Director N.V.S. Reddy said.
- Commencement of metro on the Ameerpet-Hitech route would be a major relief to commuters who have been suffering hours-long traffic jams on a regular basis, Reddy said.
Rail Analysis Insights: After receiving approval from CMRS, the inaugural date will be announced soon after discussion between HMRL and the state government, to commence passenger operations on Ameerpet-Hitech City route .
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :