Hyderabad: The metro rail will be extended to Old City soon, Municipal & IT Minister KT Rama Rao said. The minister was replying to questions of the Congress leaders Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka and Sridhar Babu on changes in the metro agreement and delay of the works.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail project works were going on in a fast pace in the country, he said.
- A total of 66km length metro rail works will be completed by December, he said.
- He added,”We are to complete the HMR project as planned despite huge funds. So far, the government invested Rs 14,132 crore for the metro rail works and Rs 3,000 crore more for land acquisition”.
- The minister said that the Metro Rail has so far received 80 awards.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail is the biggest PPP (Public-Private Partnership) project in the country, he said.
- He said, 3-lakh passengers were traveling in the metro every day.
- He also said that the Hyderabad Metro Rail fares were lesser than the TSRTC.
- The minimum fare of HMR was Rs 10 and maximum was Rs 60, while the minimum fare of TSRTC A/C bus was Rs 15 and maximum was Rs 80.