Hyderabad: The Institute of Metro and Rail Technology (IMRT) in association with Major Academy Nigeria has entered into an agreement to develop a curriculum for the National Diploma in Railway Training for Nigerian Railway.
- The IMRT would provide training in railway engineering and technology to Nigerian trainers who are already qualified as civil, electrical or mechanical engineers and they in turn would train local students in various Polytechnics of Nigeria.
- As per a release, the agreement envisages training of about 50 Nigerian trainers to support the emerging railway industry in Nigeria.
- The training would cover railway track technology, bridges, tunnels, railway operations and infrastructure management, railway traction, signalling & communications, railway economics and planning and high speed railway.
- The 10 week training programme with both classroom interactions and field visits, is to be held at Secunderabad.
- Sunil Srivastava, IMRT founder and governing council member, said,”Since its founding in 2013, IMRT has grown to become India’s premier centre for education and training in railway technology.”
- “It is the first-of-its-kind initiative in India to offer specialized training and education for engineering graduates as well as experienced professionals in the metro and rail space including high speed railway.”