New Delhi: The BSE-owned India International Exchange (India INX) recently said it has listed two tranches of Indian Railway Finance Corporation’s (IRFC) medium-term notes worth USD 1 billion on its debt listing platform.
- India INX said in a release, in the first tranche, bonds worth USD 700 million will be issued at a coupon rate of 3.249 percent due in 2030, while the second tranche consists of bonds worth USD 300 million at 3.95 percent coupon rate due in 2050.
- It added the issue is part of IRFC’s USD 2-billion Global Medium Term Note Programme.
- IRFC has earlier also listed its maiden Green Bond issuance on India INX, the issue with which Shri Piyush Goyal erstwhile Minister of Railways and Coal had launched the Global Securities Market Platform at India INX in January 2018.
About India INX
- India INX is the country’s first debt listing platform that allows raising funds in any currency of choice by both foreign and Indian issuers from investors across the globe.
- India INX said, since the launch of the global securities market, medium-term notes worth over USD 46.5 billion and bonds worth over USD 21.1 billion have been listed on the platform so far.
- India INX is India’s first international exchange set up at the Gujarat International Finance Tech-City.
- India INX is also the first introducer of Green Securities Platform for issuance of green bonds.