Indian Railways is in transformation phase and upgrading its technology in all segments of Train operations including Rolling Stock to enter the era of Semi High Speed Train services, said Shri Rajesh Agrawal, Member Rolling Stock, Railway Board. He interacted with the media on the occasion of 3-day National Level Conference of Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer’s to discuss on “New Trends in Rolling Stock – Challenges Ahead Keeping Customers Satisfaction as Top Agenda” on 27th April, 2019 at Lahari Resorts, Bhanoor, Hyderabad.
Addressing the media, Shri Rajesh Agrawal stated that introduction of indigenously designed Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) is a game changer in the rail transport sector. Indian Railways is set to continue the momentum with the introduction of Train 19 set of sleeper version coaches during the current year. He stated that Production Units of Indian Railways have been equipped to the Industry 4.0 stage and attained capability and skills to produce Metro coaches both for domestic use and export purpose.
To enhance the passenger comfort several initiatives have been taken which includes Quick Watering system and all the old coaches were refurbished under Project Utkrist to bring a new look and also perceptible change in the comforts. on SCR under Project Utkrist Godavari Express Rake is completely is refurbished. He also stated that, to improve cleanliness and Hygiene at stations and in trains, Indian Railways fixing Bio-Toilets to in a big way and it is targeted to complete by all the coaches in year 2019.
He opined that to increase the speed of Intercity trains, the conventional coaches are going to be replaced with EMU rakes equipped with Automatic door System etc in a phased manner. He also stated manufacturing of existing conventional coaches from ICF is going to be stopped. To enhance safety and comfortable riding experience all the existing coaches will be replaced with LHB coaches in a gradual manner.
Shri Rajesh Agrawal also stated that Freight business is the main source of income to Indian Railways, for optimum utilization of Wagons a Regional Management System has been introduced and it enables all time availability of Wagons for freight loading. Sri A.K.Agarwal, Additional Member Mechanical, Railway Board, A.K.Tiwari, Principal Executive Director (Environment and Housekeeping Management), Railway Board, Ravinder Gupta, Principal Executive Director (workshops), Railway Board and Shri Arjun Mundiya, Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer, SCR were also present on the occasion.
Source: South Central Railway
A New Train-18 to Replace Rajdhani Express in 2020
Date : April 27, 2019
A new Sleeper Version of Train-18 may soon replace the Rajdhani Express, according to reports. With the success of the Delhi-Varanasi Vande Bharat Express, Indian Railways is now working on a 160 kmph-capable sleeper train set that will cover long distances, it said.
- The Railways expects to complete the designing process by the end of this year and rollout a variant by the middle of 2020, Financial Express reported.
- The new sleeper variant of Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 will be manufactured at the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- An official of the Integral Coach Factory quoted as saying in the report,“The design work for a Rajdhani Express-style Train 18 is in process. We hope to complete it by year-end and get it finalised by the Railway Board.”
- “Once the design is approved for the sleeper variant of Train 18, we should be able to rollout the new offering by middle of 2020,” he added.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first Vande Bharat Express service between Delhi and Varanasi in February this year.
- Vande Bharat Express is a 16-coach AC Chair car service with Executive and non-Executive coaches.
- It said, the move to replace Rajdhani Express trains with more energy efficient train sets that will cut down travel time on the Golden Quadrilateral is a welcome step.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :