Railways Minister Shri Piyush Goyal on Thursday said that Indian Railways will connect the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari before August 15, 2022. Katra to Banihar section is being constructed quickly and work on the Chenab bridge is underway, he said.
- “Soon Indian Railways will connect the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari before August 15th, 2022,” he said at the flagging-off ceremony of Vande Bharat train from New Delhi to Katra.
- The minister also outlined that the WIFI facility is available at 5,000 railway stations.
- In the coming days around 6,500 stations will be connected with the facility, he said.
- He said,”The Home Minister has emphasised on security in trains and railway stations. We are installing CCTV cameras at railway stations.”
- Shri Goyal and Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah along with Union Ministers Dr Jitendra Singh and Dr Harsh Vardhan flagged-off the Vande Bharat Express from New Delhi to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra.
- Shri Shah said that the train will boost tourism in Jammu and Kashmir.
- “In the next 10 years, J-K will be one of the most developed states. The journey of development has begun with Vande Bharat Express set to boost tourism in the state,” he said.