Dehradun: The Railway Ministry has agreed to launch a Tejas Express train between Delhi and Dehradun via Haridwar. An agreement in principle to start a Tejas Express train between Delhi-Haridwar-Dehradun has been given on a request by the Uttarakhand chief minister, an official release recently quoted Railway Minister Piyush Goyal as saying.
- The train will be equipped with modern onboard facilities.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat met Goyal in Delhi over the matter.
- Work on the project will begin as soon as a pathway is available, the railway minister said.
- He said that there will be no budgetary shortage for railway projects in Uttarakhand.
- Arrangements for the safety and convenience of pilgrims on the lines of Prayagraj Kumbh will be made for 2021 Haridwar Kumbh by the railways.
- The release said, during the meeting, the CM requested Mr. Goyal to grant a clearance for Lalkuan-Khatima, Tanakpur-Bageshwar and Kashipur-Dhampur new rail line projects.