Date of Post: 16 Feb, 2019
The Vande Bharat Express, billed as India’s fastest train, has been able to attain a maximum speed of 130 kmph during its inaugural run between Delhi and Varanasi, officials said. Once India’s fastest, the Gatimaan Express, which runs between Delhi and Agra with a maximum speed of 160 kmph and an average of 112 kmph, has now receded to the 2nd place.
- Girish Pillai, Member, Traffic, Railway Board said,”The maximum speed on this route would be 130 kmph and the average speed would around 95 kmph.”
- He said, its acceleration and deceleration are different compared to other trains.
- Pillai added,”The train has the capacity to run at 160 kmph. It ran at 180 kmph during trial. The maximum speed of this section is 130 kmph so it will run at 130 kmph.”
- On its first commercial run on Sunday, the train will leave the national capital at 6 am and reach Varanasi at 2 pm.
- On the same day, it will leave Varanasi at 3 pm and reach Delhi at 11 pm.
- The Vande Bharat Express will operate on 5 days in a week, except on Monday and Thursday.
- The train was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )