Uttar Pradesh : Chief Minister Mr. Yogi Adityanath will flag off the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 4. The train will cover the journey between the cities in 6 hours and 15 minutes. The train will begin its journey from Lucknow at 6.10 a.m., and reach Delhi at 12.25 p.m. with halts at Kanpur and Ghaziabad.
- This Tejas Express train is India’s first private train run by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- The train will have one executive class AC chair car with 56 seats and 9 AC chair car coaches with a capacity of 78 passengers in each coach.
- For the new train, the IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings to passengers who need it.
- All passengers of the Tejas Express will be provided a free insurance of up to Rs 10 lakh by the IRCTC.
- They will also be allowed to use the executive lounge of the New Delhi Railway Station.
- The facility of using retiring rooms at the Lucknow Junction Station will also be provided.
- Meals will be served by the on-board service staff.
- Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train.
- Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers.
- The IRCTC is also contemplating the sale of merchandise goods on board the train.
- The Tejas Express will have an advance reservation period of 60 days.
- No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed.